Saturday, September 23, 2006

NaNoPubye, 2006

I had not planned to participate in either NaNoPubYe 2006, or NaNoWriMo 2006 this year. Plans change.

What is NaNoPubYe?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An offshoot (one of many!) from the NaNoWriMo activity, NaNoPubYe is the National Novel Publishing Year. It is an organization which creates and follows a one year plan, from blank page to published work. In my personal opinion, everyone who even THINKS about NaNo should first begin with NaNoPubYe. With enough diversion to writing as it is (life, writer's block, life, etc.), having at least an outline of a plan is a good thing for me. No matter how far afield my world takes me, it is nice to know that I am at least anchored to the important things. And, to me writing IS a very important thing. I highly recommend this activity for anyone writing for NaNoWriMo.

Within 48 hours, two complete novels outlined themselves in my head. The first changed my mind about NaNoWriMo (The Nationl Novel Writing Month), and is a novel that, if I complete it, will be the first that I have not wanted to write. It is becoming an idea with a plan, and currently exists in my head under the working title of "The Radical". More on that later.

The second novel idea came from, strangely enough, a conversation among some friends regarding the first novel idea. It is the basis for my NaNoPubYe activity for the fourteen days. Each year, NaNoPubYe has a "Warm Up" activity, with a goal of writing 25,000 words in two weeks. That activity begins tonight at midnite. It will end at midnite on October 7th, 2006. I will then put down that work, and do the hard work of preparing for NaNoWriMo 2006, and its novel.

The Warm Up work is a cop thriller and involves a parish priest, a police Chaplain, online chatrooms, and murder. All that in 25,000 words! And, in two weeks no less.

I believe the most important revelation in this is that my Muse has come crashing through the door, and has placed herself (with quite the accompanying cast, I might add), squarely in the middle of my brain. She has been away for a while, and I feared for some time that she may have decided the better choice was to simply be shed of me. Thankfully, that is not the case. She has returned, taken up her throne, and is quietly smiling in my general direction. Yes, I did notice that she is drumming her fingers and slowing tapping her foot. So, I'd best be off to the creation station.

I hope you will stay tuned. This could be a fun deal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home